An industrial design is the ornamental or aesthetic aspect of an article. The design may consist of three-dimensional features or two-dimensional features. An industrial design does not protect the technical features or functions of an article.
IN ORDER TO BE PROTECTED, AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN MUST BE NOVEL AND DISTINCTIVE.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE WHEN YOU HAVE A REGISTERED INDUSTRIAL DESIGN?
- A registered industrial design owner has an exclusive right to use, sell, import his/her articles and to prevent unauthorized copying or imitation by the third parties.
- A registered industrial design owner has a right to assign, transfer, licence and sell the related industrial design.
REGISTRATION PROCESS IN TURKEY
- Publication period of an industrial design is 6 months.
- Industrial design registration process is completed approximately between 10-12 months.
- Industrial design registration is valid for 5 years and renewable for every 5 years, up to 25 years in total.
Our services asIstek Patent & Consultancy Services Ltd. Co. includes the following;
- Examination of industrial design according to the registration criterias,
- Pre-investigation of an industrial design
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting the industrial design application with Turkish Patent Institute,
- Renewal process of industrial design registrations
- Conducting an industrial design search
- Conducting opposition and cancellation procedures
- Recordal of license and assignment agreements
- Recordal of change of name, address and other changes
- Translation services
Istek Patent & Consultancy Services Ltd. Co., provides professional opinions and services in Copyrights, Domain Names, Breeder’s Right on New Plant Varieties, Integrated Circuit Topographies and Geographical Indications.
- DOMAIN NAMES
- BREEDER’S RIGHT ON NEW PLANT VARIETIES
- INTEGRATED CIRCUIT TOPOGRAPHIES
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS