A trademark is a sign which can distinguish your goods and services from those of your competitors. It can be for example words, logos or a combination of both. Trademark protection is territorial, owner/owners of a trademark should register their trademarks according to their marketing strategies.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE WHEN YOU HAVE A REGISTERED TRADEMARK ?
- A registered trademark owner has an exclusive right to use the trademark and to prevent the unfair competition among the market.
- A registered trademark has a right to assign, transfer, licence and sell the related trademark.
REGISTRATION PROCESS IN TURKEY
- Publication period of a trademark is 3 months.
- Trademark registration process is completed approximately between 10-12 months.
- Trademark registration is valid for 10 years and renewable every 10 years.
Our services asIstek Patent & Consultancy Services Ltd. Co. includes the following;
- Examination of trademark according to the registration criteria,
- Pre-investigation of trademark
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting the trademark application with Turkish Patent Institute,
- Renewal process of trademark registrations
- Conducting a trademark search
- Conducting opposition and cancellation procedures
- Recordal of license and assignment agreements
- Recordal of change of name, address and other changes
- Translation services
Istek Patent & Consultancy Services Ltd. Co., provides professional opinions and services in Copyrights, Domain Names, Breeder’s Right on New Plant Varieties, Integrated Circuit Topographies and Geographical Indications.
- DOMAIN NAMES
- BREEDER’S RIGHT ON NEW PLANT VARIETIES
- INTEGRATED CIRCUIT TOPOGRAPHIES
- GEOGRAPHICAL INDICATIONS